|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||MCALLEN, TX US|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
Performs the functions of Lead Coder assisting the other level of coders. Responsible and accountable for coding and DRG accuracy, timeliness of coding, and utilization of systems used to perform coding functions. Maintains relationship with Business Office and Case Management staff. Responsible in assisting the coordination of meetings with ancillary departments regarding proper coding and accurate charge master items. Performs primary function of coding inpatient records, to include DRG assignment and validation. Utilizes the 3M Encoder to code and classify accurately all medical records according to ICD-9-CM. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills.
1. Five years inpatient coding experience required.
2. Advanced training in medical coding (ICD9-CM, CPT and APC).
3. Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology required.
4. Computer skills.
5. Ability to read medical reports, interpret lab values pertinent to coding diagnoses, abstract pertinent information from records and to provide meaningful information by telephone or letter in replying to inquiries.
6. Two years of supervisory experience preferred
7. Ability to work remotely.
8. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. RHIT, RHIA or CCS.
2. Able to travel between facilities.
3. Proof of a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
4. High School or GED required. College preferred.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.