|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||MC ALLEN, TX US|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||Associate Degree|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Education / Training, Facilities Management, RN, Acute Care
Quality Assurance -> Joint Commission Regulations
Customer Service -> Phone Support, Face-to-Face Support
Administration -> Department Level, Office Management
|Maintains goals and objectives of the Infection Control Department. Serve as a resource person to any hospital employee/department as requested. Meet at least weekly or as needed with Infection Control Coordinator to review status of significant surveillance issues. Assist IC Coordinator in implementing and maintaining updated reports in order to comply with JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, DSHS and any other governing body. Maintains department records of all surveillance reports and Infection Control Committee Meetings. Attends advanced training in areas of specific needs applicable to Infection Control in order to enhance the capabilities of the employee and the department. Maintains the Infection Control continuous quality improvement plan as indicated by the hospital wide Infection Control Program. Assist in performing CQI monitoring according to CQI schedule, that is dictated by the Director of the Quality Division and the Medical Advisor for the department.|
1. Five years of nursing experience in a hospital clinical setting.
2. Additional training in microbiology surveillance, techniques, statistics and education beneficial
3. Working knowledge of aseptic techniques and Infection Control for all age groups.
4. Previous experience in Infection Control or related field such as a local, state, or federal health department
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Texas.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.