|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||MCALLEN, TX US|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Patient Admissions
Customer Service -> Phone Support
Performs the primary functions of a Central Scheduling Specialist within the Central Scheduling Department for outpatient ancillary/surgical departments by demonstrating knowledge in computer software, coding, and outpatient procedures. The Central Scheduling Specialist will work closely with ancillary departments, patients, and physician offices. Will manage a high volume of incoming calls to schedule services. Registers patients and verifies benefits. The Centralized Scheduling Specialist routinely works Monday through Friday, and can be assigned to work after hours if needed. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
1. Requires 2 years healthcare experience in Business Office/scheduling operations, or physician office.
2. Knowledge of ICD and CPT coding.
3. Certified Medical Coder or minimum one year physician coding strongly preferred.
4. Verbal ability is required to communicate effectively with other staff members and hospital personnel.
5. Computer/Typing skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office. Able to create spreadsheets in Excel.
6. Willingness to be cross trained to other areas
7. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. High School graduate/GED.
2. Associate’s degree preferred.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.