|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||EDINBURG, TX US|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||Associate Degree|
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN is responsible for managing patients admitted or being seen for medical conditions or surgical procedures; performs the primary function of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, guiding, and evaluating nursing care provided to patients. Assessments related to specific conditions, therapies and interventions are required. The RN shall oversee and guide nursing employees that are under their supervision. Responsible for interaction with hospital staff and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts with identification and assistance in resolutions. May be occasions when it will be necessary to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, overtime, and/or on-call/call-back status.
1. 6+ months in previous RN position preferred
2. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license. BSN preferred
2. Must possess an Associate Degree, Baccalaureate Degree or Diploma from a School of Nursing or University.
3. Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs (please check all that apply):
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.