|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Location:||EDEN PRAIRIE, MN US|
|Job Type:||Per Diem|
|Job Level:||Entry Level|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Behavioral Health
The Pride Institute has been providing the LGBTQ+ community a comfortable, safe alternative to traditional treatment programs for over 30 years. We are currently looking for “PRN” or "as needed" Chemical Dependency Technicians to support our clients and staff at our residential co-occurring treatment facility in Eden Prairie MN, a suburb of Minneapolis.
Want to work only on weekends? Every other weekend? How about a couple of shifts during the week, now that the kiddoes are going back to school? Partial shifts? Maybe a combination? If you are looking for flexibility, we can be flexible!
Our Techs are instrumental in ensuring client safety and compliance with our program rules and guidelines. Our Techs are fair, firm and consistent in their approach to each client and are able to establish appropriate boundaries in all client interactions. They communicate effectively with each other and the rest of our interdisciplinary treatment team regarding client response to therapy, treatment interventions, and therapeutic objectives and they work in collaboration with all staff in planning for discharge and follow-up care.
Ideal CD Tech candidates possess:
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health issues or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of therapeutic milieu management techniques or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge and training in CPR and First Aid or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of 12 step programs or willingness to learn
- An awareness of how personal issues relating to co-dependency can impact work performance/relationships
- Qualities of reliability and dependability and a commitment to do what they say they are going to do
- Effective Human Relations skills including the ability to recognize behaviors and set appropriate limits in clear, concise, and non-judgmental terms; the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to use good judgment to solve problems; the ability to maintain confidentiality; the ability to work as a team player and communicate effectively with clients and co-workers; and the ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
Our Techs report to our Director of Nursing.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Valid driver's license is required
One year work experience in a mental health/psychiatric and/or chemical dependency treatment setting preferred
Must maintain compliance with all facility annual competencies, as well as CPR and First Aid
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.