|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||Psychiatric Institute of Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||Bachelor's Degree|
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
The Psychiatric Institute of Washington provides comprehensive behavioral health care for adolescents, adults and senior adults suffering from mental health and addictive illnesses. We are a 130-bed, short-term, acute care hospital offering inpatient, partial and intensive outpatient hospitalization, as well as specialized treatment programs for chemical dependency. Founded in 1967, PIW combines the rich traditions of its past with the behavioral health options of the present. We are an innovative hospital with caring, dedicated staff, experienced in the delivery of behavioral healthcare.
Education: Bachelor's Level Degree. Master's Degree preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years' experience as an HR Generalist and (3) years supervisory experience. Preferred experience in a healthcare setting to include labor relations/ union experience.
Licensure: PHR/ SPRH preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees HR management activities including screening and selection, orientation training and development, performance management and employee relations functions.
2. Supports the facility's strategic business development efforts by demonstrating behavior that reflects favorably on the facility's public image. Participates as requested, communicating input through the appropriate chain-of-command, in development and implementation of short and long term goals and objectives.
3. Monitors and addresses employee moral by informally maintaining regular contact with various departments and employees to elicit employees' opinions, feelings and suggestions. Informs CEO and senior management staff, as appropriate, of critical observations and conclusions.
4. Provides advice and counsel to directors/managers in preventing and intervening in personnel problems.
5. Administers facilities Leave of Absence policy including FMLA and ADAAA requirements.
6. Ensures consistency in administration of HR policies and procedures. Annually reviews HR Policies and submits changes for approval to CEO.
7. Communicates to Department Manager changes in Hospital Human Resource policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
8. Coordinates and directs the facility's recruitment activities. Identifies cost effective strategies for generating qualified applicants for vacant positions.
9. Administers Hospital wage and salary program and submits to CEO annual merit increase recommendations.
10. Provides support and guidance to directors/manager in staffing cost effectively. Maintains familiarity with programming and staff scheduling practices (clinical and non-clinical departments), and makes specific recommendations related to staffing patterns that reflect this understanding within limits of technical knowledge.
11. Serves as HR Department's fiscal manager.
12. Relays benefit information promptly and accurately to employees' by assisting in the open enrollment process and re-enrollment as necessary. Demonstrates basic understanding of key benefit programs and assists employees as needed.
13. Complies with facility safety, infection control and security programs.
14. Demonstrates attitude and actions that are consistent with the diversity and sensitivity awareness of Hospital. Honors individual diversity in all interactions with attentiveness, compassion, concern, dignity, discretion, friendliness, honesty, professionalism, respect, sincerity and understanding.
15. Demonstrates basic understanding of key benefit programs and assists employees as needed.
16. Ensures Human Resource file, training and medical files are up to date and correct as well as payroll statuses are correct.
17. Oversees worker's compensation insurance and OSHA as to meet legal requirements and assist employees in receiving their appropriate benefits related in injuries. Ensures that all claims are reported to company's loss control department in a timely manner and ensures that providers receive required insurance information.
18. Ensures all professional staff (Nurses, Teachers and Therapists) are licensed as required and that all licenses are verified in a timely manner. Ensures that current licensure in maintained throughout employment.
19. Ensures all direct care staff are credentialed and privileged to work with appropriate populations at the beginning of their employment.
20. Maintains job descriptions to accurately reflect position duties. In collaboration with Department Directors, makes changes as required and distributes copies to appropriate staff.
21. Ensures compliance with all Corporate Human Resource programs.
22. Ensures Hospital compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures Hospital's compliance.
23. Coordinates and/or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
24. Participates in the facility's senior management team.
25. Lead the facility's Service Excellence program.
26. Supports the facility's internal and external customer service standards by demonstrating willingness to accept changes in job responsibilities, offering and accepting constructive feedback in peer and supervisory relationships modifying behavior in response to the feedback.
27. Demonstrates conduct in keeping with the ethical standards of Hospital.
28. Supervises the staff of the Human Resources Department.
29. Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
30. Participates in activities which enhance professional growth and development.
31. Performs related duties as assigned.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.