|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||Del Amo Hospital|
|Location:||TORRANCE, CA US|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Job Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
|Minimum Education Required:||Certification|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Accounting/Billing
Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment opportunities
with Del Amo Hospital! Del Amo Hospital is a 166-bed free-standing
psychiatric hospital that is located in the South Bay area of Los
Angeles, in beautiful Southern California.
Reporting to the Director and Supervisor of the Medical Records Department, this position is responsible for the timely coding and abstracting of medical records in accordance with the current principles of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding guidelines using Quadramed/Quantim encoding system, resolving technical coding and sequencing problems with the Supervisor, Director and/or CFO. This position is also responsible for accurate abstracting of patient data into the AS-400 computerized data base system in accordance with the department policies and guidelines. This position monitors the unbilled report (AR-Report) and maintains compliance within the established turn-around time of five (5) days, and performs clerical and/or technical medical record duties as assigned. This includes but is not limited to the assembly of medical records, analyzing discharged records, assisting physicians with chart completion, filing records, the completion of monthly statistical reports, answering telephones, processing release of information requests.
1) Must have knowledge of medical terminology, and be skilled in the use of DSM5 and ICD-10 medical terminology.
2) Must be able to type accurately and have basic clerical training, which includes computer skills, basic filing skills, and fundamental knowledge of office procedures.
3) Must be able to perform assignments with minimal supervision;
4) Must be able to perform concentrated and/or complex mental activity with frequent involvement in complex and/or highly technical situations;
5) Must be able to work successfully under highly stressful conditions;
6) Must be able to make sound, independent judgments based on scientific and/or ethical principles;
7) Must be able to make independent and responsible decisions within current policies and procedures of the medical record dept.
8) Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures;
9) Must be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate fashion;
10) Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads an work assignments on a constant basis;
11) Must have effective comprehensive reading skills, strong communication skills, written and verbal.
12) Must possess a valid California Drivers License in order to drive hospital vehicles or on hospital business.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalency
required. Associates degree preferred.
Credentials: CPC, CCS Certification from AHIMA required; RHIA or RHIT preferred.
Experience: Computer experience that includes but not limited to Microsoft Office: Excel and Word and Quadramed.3M Encoder.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.