Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is
one of the
nation's largest and most respected health care
operating through its subsidiaries acute
care hospitals, behavioral
health facilities and ambulatory
centers nationwide. Founded in 1978,
UHS subsidiaries now have
more than 65,000 employees. The UHS
business strategy is to
build or purchase health care properties in
markets and create a strong franchise based on
service and effective cost control. Our success comes
responsive management style and a service philosophy based on
integrity, competence and compassion.
Hospital, a 86-bed behavioral health facility located just south
Dallas, has been providing quality health care to the
DFW since 1988. Hickory Trail Hospital provides
inpatient and day
treatment for children, adolescents, adults,
and senior adults. Our
professional staff individualizes care to
uniquely fit the intensity
and severity of each client's case
and their family's needs. Because
crisis occurs at all times of
the day and night, our services are
provided 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.
We are currently seeking an
experienced Recreational Therapist.
Provides recreational or leisure assessments as needed. Plans and
provides recreational therapy services for individual and/or groups
which benefit their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual
well being. Participates with the multidisciplinary treatment teams
to integrate these services and improve patient functioning.
- Plans and leads art and recreation therapy
- Monitors physical activity level assigned to patients
and maintains the safest environment possible during activity
- Monitors use of equipment and supplies
- Leads and co-leads additional groups as needed on
assigned units asrequested.
- Completes required documentation on patients which
includes assessments and progress notes.
- Organizes special areas for Activity Therapy services
to maintain games, supplies, videos and educational information.
- Provides regular adjunctive therapy in accordance with
presenting needs and medical orders.
- Documents all patient contacts and therapeutic
activities in the record in a timely manner.
- Provides training and family education as
- Leads activity therapy and/or community meeting