|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||Summit Oaks Hospital|
|Location:||SUMMIT, NJ US Mid-Atlantic|
|Job Type:||Per Diem|
|Minimum Education Required:||Some High School|
|Category:||Healthcare - Rehabilitation,Support|
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the
nation's largest and most respected health care management companies,
operating through its subsidiary acute care hospitals, behavioral
health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978,
UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS
business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in
rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on
exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes
from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on
integrity, competence and compassion.
Summit Oaks Hospital, a 122 bed, private acute care hospital and chemical dependency treatment center, located in suburban Summit, NJ, fully accredited (by the Joint Commission), has been providing quality health care to adult, child and adolescent northeastern USA residents since 1902. The Hospital has been recognized in U.S. News & World Report, as one of the nation's best behavioral health hospitals.
Our Housekeeping Department is seeking a dependable and flexible person to perform such housekeeping routines as cleaning of patient rooms, offices, and public areas, while ensuring a safe and risk preventive environment within OSHA , NJ State Department of Health and Joint Commission regulations. This is a per diem position.
1. Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks of patient rooms, offices, and public areas as assigned by supervisor:
a. Vacuum, dust, mop, sweep and take out trash.
b. Ensure adequate linens are kept in facility.
c. Clean areas with disinfectants.
d. Refill housekeeping supplies in patient areas and housekeeping storage rooms. & ;nbs p;
e. Assist Housekeeping Lead and Supervisor with floor maintenance as directed. & ;nbs p;
f. Maintain assigned area daily, weekly and monthly check list
2. Keep cleaning supplies and equipment safely stored when not in use and away from patient access when in use.
3. Assist Housekeeping Supervisor and Director of Plant Operations as needed.
4. Report any situations that may affect the health and well being of patients or employees.
5. Assist in assuring a safe and risk preventive environment.
6. Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and procedures.
7. Use time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
8. Address patients, visitors, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner.
9. Assist in any emergencies that may arise.
10. Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel and standard policies and procedures.
11. Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development activities as scheduled.
12. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
13. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
14. Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties listed above.
Education: Some High school required
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience performing housekeeping duties in a health care facility is preferred .
Additional Requirements: Must be able to work with minimal
supervision and may be required to work weekends, occasional overtime
and flexible hours.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.