|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||EDINBURG, TX US Southern|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
|Category:||Food and Nutritional Services|
Must be familiar with the operation of food service equipment; Must have a working knowledge of food sanitation and knows acceptable techniques in handling and service of food to guests. Bakes, roasts, broils, grills, steams all types of food product. Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques, including receiving, storage, preparation and holding of food items. Familiar with dietary restrictions or modified diets. Knowledge of accepted techniques in handling, preparation and service of food items to customers. Has responsibilities during tray line assembly process. Must help maintain floors clean and must assist with overall kitchen cleanliness. Consistently demonstrates a concern for cleanliness of work area. Knows how to lift properly and how to avoid careless kitchen related accidents. Has common kitchen safety knowledge. Wash certain items by hand, such as pots and pans. Plans ahead and sets up for the next day by prepping and planning accordingly.
1. Ability to read, write and communicate in English/Spanish languages.
2. 2 to 4 years of hospital, nursing home, school or institutional cooking.
3. Must provide proof of valid Texas Drivers License and proof of current automobile insurance, if necessary.
4. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Upon hire, must be certified by the City of Edinburg as a food handler or within 30 days of employment. Must provide proof of renewed certificate to supervisor.
2. High School Diploma/GED required OR at least two years previous experience as a Cook considered in lieu of degree.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.