|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Location:||NEWARK, DE US Mid-Atlantic|
|Job Type:||Per Diem|
|Job Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
|Minimum Education Required:||Associate Degree|
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Rockford Center is
Rockford Center currently has an opening for a Per Diem Registered Nurse in our Adult department. The candidate selected will be responsible for the following:
· Reports change in patient physical, mental status or episodes of seclusion or restraint to nurse manager or supervisor during each shift. Ensures family and physician notification is completed and documented if a patient is transported to Emergency Room, Injured, Falls or is Placed in Seclusion or Restraints.
· Collaborates with other team members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an individualized plan of care.
· Performs treatments and therapies as ordered by physician in an appropriate and timely fashion.
· Documents patient care, findings, and psychosocial responses to nursing interventions.
· Documents PRN medications given, reason and effect
· Administer patient medications as prescribed by physician. Assessing Vital signs and accu-checks prior to dispensing medications
· Provide education to patients on their prescribed medications, documenting this in the patient record.
· Complete nursing admission assessments and daily nursing assessments.
· Transcription of medication orders in a timely, error free manner, and ensuring reason for PRN medication is documented
· Complete Adverse Drug Reaction forms and forward to Pharmacist.
· Complete First Dose form as ordered by physician
· Ensure order clarification of non-formulary medication if ordered. Obtaining appropriate order.
· Provide patient education related to medications and document education
· Assist patients in carrying out activities of daily living
· Participate in group activity with patients
· Ensures room searches are done for contraband during shift
· Direct and assist mental health clinicians in the care and direction of patient
The following are the job requirements for the Registered Nurse position:
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.