|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||South Texas Health System|
|Location:||EDINBURG, TX US Southern|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
Program Aide provide the following services to behavioral health clients enrolled in the Intensive Outpatient Program: direct care; monitoring; assistance; advocacy. Aide performs a wide variety of duties in support of professional staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Basic EKG skills required
2. Computer data entry skills required for the OPUS system.
3. Must be able to demonstrate previous work experience following regimented job duties and time schedules when working previously held positions.
4. One year behavioral health or direct patient care experience preferred.
5. Must be able to lead group activities such as group discussions, crafts, games, etc as prescribed.
6. Knowledge of basic practices, procedures and techniques involved in working all populations requiring mental health or substance abuse treatment preferred.
7. Ability to develop and maintain the confidence and cooperation of patients suffering from behavioral health issues; communicate clearly and diplomatically with other members of the behavioral health team; keep accurate records; understand and carry out oral and written directions, computer skills.
8. Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
9. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. High school Diploma or GED equivalent
2. Must have certified nurse aide certification from The State of Texas OR Registered medical assistant certification and remain current thereafter OR one year previous experience in similar role with a behavioral health facility.
3. Must have and maintain BCLS certification.
4. Current Texas driver’s license, depending on area of BH the PA is working.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.