|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Location:||RICHMOND, VA US Southeast|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Minimum Education Required:||High School or equivalent|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Behavioral Health
|Category:||Healthcare - Rehabilitation|
We made a difference in a child’s life today…
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents, a 110 bed state licensed and Joint Commission accredited specialty rehabilitation hospital, is located on 98 acres of riverfront land between Richmond and Williamsburg, Virginia in New Kent County. We provide specialized care for young people whose disabilities, injuries or lifelong illnesses are compounded by emotional and/or behavioral problems. We currently have Full-Time Residential Specialist position available at our Group Home in Richmond, VA; patient population is Autistic Males ages 8 – 21. This is an Evening Shift position.
1. Assumes specific responsibilities as agreed upon with the House Manager and Director of Community Based Services.
2. Provides supervision, safety and crisis management for residents.
3. Provides a safe environment.
4. Ensures resident’s rights are protected and encouraging resident participation throughout course of treatment.
5. Works cooperatively as a member of the group home team.
6. Fulfills responsibilities to facility in adherence to philosophy and general policy.
7. As treatment manager, recommends and monitors goals and objectives for assigned resident.
The following are the job requirements for the Residential Specialist position:
1. Must be able to work evening shifts and some weekends.
2. Bachelors Degree in human services field or High School Diploma or GED with four years of related experience.
3. Requires four years of related experience with children, adolescents and young adult population, or undergraduate degree in human services field / behavioral science. Experience working with ID/Autistic individuals preferred.
4. Current Virginia driver’s licensure with a good driving record, CPR certification, First Aid Certificate, medication administration certification, restraint training and Food Handler’s Card (where applicable).
5. Physical -Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
6. Requires full range of body motion including handling and physical restraint of residents.
7. Ability to perform CPR and First Aid.
8. Exposure Categories: Blood Borne Disease Exposure Category: Category I
Qualified applications may apply online, by email or fax.
HR Fax: 804-966-1619
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.