|Search Careers||Career Center||Logout|
|Facility:||Ridge Behavioral Health System|
|Location:||LEXINGTON, KY US United States|
|Job Type:||Per Diem|
|Minimum Education Required:||Master's Degree|
|Skills:||Health Care -> Behavioral Health
|The Assessment and Referral Counselor provides telephonic and in person risk assessment and crisis intervention, initial contact with referral sources and potential patients, coordinates the referral and intake process, determines appropriate level of care, facilitates the admission process and maintains communication with referral sources, families, patients and unit staff. The Assessment Referral Counselor also assists the Physician by providing face to face clinical assessments, including the history of presenting illness, family dynamics and supporting psychosocial information.|
• Masters degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Human Services field, licensed RN or Masters in Social Work.
• Prior intake, assessment, admission and crisis intervention experience with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting.
• Three years experience and knowledge in the area of mental health.
• NCI (nonviolent crisis intervention) required. This training also offered upon hire.
• Prefer knowledge of crisis intervention and risk assessment, psychiatric diagnoses symptomology, basic chemical dependency, age specific growth and development and crisis and behavior management.
To submit your application for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Application" button below.